SOLVED

can i sync company notes/lead noted to salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i sync company notes/lead noted to salesforce

We have some information in the 'Company Notes' and 'Lead Notes' on Marketo and want this info to be visible in SFDC once a lead sync into SFDC. Does anyone know if that's possible and if so, how can I set that up?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can i sync company notes/lead noted to salesforce

Hi Alexia,

You may be able to use the Person Notes field for this, it sync to the Description field on the lead and contact object in SFDC. Please check with your team carefully first bcause they might use this for a diffierent business purpose to the info which you wish to add and you could potentially overwrite valuable data if you are uploading existing leads.

Alternativley you can create a new text field in SFDC on both the lead and the contact objects and name them the exact same. Naming them the same means that they will only be one field in Marketo that sync to the lead and contact object in SFDC. When creating them make sure that the profile associated to the Marketo sync user has access to read and write to this field.

Wait 5 minutes until your next sync and you should see this field created in Marketo, then use this field when uploading your list to store the event notes.

Cathal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alexia,

Company Notes looks to be a Marketo field that is ampped to the SFDC Account field. Out of the box Marketo only sync unidirectionally with the account object, it only reads SFDC account fields it doesn't write to them.

I looked at you Lead notes field, it is not currently mapped to any field in SFDC. If you had created this field 1st in SFDC then it would have also be created in Marketo and because it's on the Lead object it would have automatically synced bidirectionally.

If you want this field to be in sync with SFDC then you need to create a matching fields in SFDC on the lead (and probably contact object too), then you could do a data managment campaign in Maketo to copy the value from the original Marketo only "Lead Notes" field to the new one that would be in sycn with SFDC.

Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cathal,

thanks for your response. In case you have any better ideas on how i can achive my aim - this is what i'm trying to do: 
I want to upload a list of leads from a company event and put some notes in with each lead. Once these leads get synched to SFDC i want the notes to be available to our Sales team. Is there a different way i can achive this? Maybe the info could go in a different field instead of Company Notes or Lead Notes? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alexia
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alexia,

You may be able to use the Person Notes field for this, it sync to the Description field on the lead and contact object in SFDC. Please check with your team carefully first bcause they might use this for a diffierent business purpose to the info which you wish to add and you could potentially overwrite valuable data if you are uploading existing leads.

Alternativley you can create a new text field in SFDC on both the lead and the contact objects and name them the exact same. Naming them the same means that they will only be one field in Marketo that sync to the lead and contact object in SFDC. When creating them make sure that the profile associated to the Marketo sync user has access to read and write to this field.

Wait 5 minutes until your next sync and you should see this field created in Marketo, then use this field when uploading your list to store the event notes.

Cathal