How do I report the number of visitors per page per day?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I report the number of visitors per page per day?

We have set up a landing page on our own website (so not a Marketo landing page) and we have the Marketo code installed.Is there a way I can see how many people visit that page per day using Marketo analytics? I am not interested in the list of people visited, just the numbers.

Any help is appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How do I report the number of visitors per page per day?

Hi Patrick -

You can do this using a smart list.  In the smart list, use the filter "Visited Web Page" and put in the URL of the web page you want.and click the "leads" tab to see the total in the bottom right corner. Is there any reason why you are looking to do this in Analytics in particular?
Grant_Booth
Level 10

You should be able to do this with a Landing Page Performance report in the Analytics tab. Once you've created the new report, just go to the report's Setup tab and set the date of activity, and drag of a filter to specify which landing page(s) you want to be included.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you go to the Analytics tab and create a new report, type 'Landing Page Performance', you will get a report that shows you the total landing page views.  If you set the Date of Activity filter to the day you want to see, you can then view all visitors for a specific day.

You can also create a subscription to the report so it gets emailed to you at whatever frequency you'd like.

Thanks,
Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grant and Michael, thanks for your input. As far as I understand, the Landing Page Performance is only for Marketo Landing pages. Not for a 'normal' page with Marketo tracking code. Or am I misunderstanding?

Val, thank you too. Your method only works for known Contacts, correct? What if someone who we never tagged comes to a page? Will that be counted?

I would like to know this to have one place where I see all the numbers I am interested in (Emails sent, known and unknown visitors to a page, form submission, etc..). I can get page visitors from Google Analytics but then I have to fgure that out.

Thanks again for your help
Valerie_Armstro

Patrick -

I believe you can view both anonymous and known lead web activity.  Set up the smart list as:

Visited web page: www.example.com AND (Is Anonymous = TRUE  OR  Is Anonymous = FALSE)

Anonymous
Not applicable

That works. Thanks!

Now if I could only get a daily email that tells me for each day:

# Emails sent
# Emails opened
# Emails clicked
# Visitors to the page 
# Form fills
# New Leads
# Unsubscribes

... 🙂
Valerie_Armstro

Hi Patrick,

Have you looked into the web page activity report to report on number of visitors to your web page?  This sounds exactly like what you were looking for and includes pages with the munchkin tracing code on the web page.

For the others, you may want to consider:

# of Emails sent, opened, clicked = Email Performance Report
# of Visitors to Marketo LP = Landing Page Performance Report
# New Leads, Unsubscribes = Lead Performance Report (group by either created date or unsubscribe)
# Form Fills - you can do this using a Landing Page Performance report to see how well the page is converting, but if they are on an external web page you may need to use a smart list to do this.