Salesforce Criteria Sharing Rules when organization-wide sharing settings are Public Read/Write

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Criteria Sharing Rules when organization-wide sharing settings are Public Read/Write

Hello,
I've seen a lot of helpful documentation around setting up criteria based sharing rules under the premise that org sharing settings are set to private. Was wondering if there was anyone who has setup an integration where the policy was Public Read/Write. As you can assume I can't make the Org change, so I'm left with having to work with current state.

Two items I'd like figure out at a minimum, restrict contacts without email and restrict old contacts (say 3 years and later). Both of which seemed reasonable until i discovered the read/write setting.

Appreciate any ideas in advance.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Salesforce Criteria Sharing Rules when organization-wide sharing settings are Public Read/Write

Hey Jim, I have read Marketo support can set up a synch filter for you based on a particular field. 

So example, you have a custom checkbox in SFDC called "synch to Marketo" and support will set up the synch to only include records where that box is true. 

Then you can use your workflows or formulas etc. in SFDC to determine the appropriate state of the checkbox. 

I would call support to confirm.