SFDC Campaign Removed Upon Lead Conversion

Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC Campaign Removed Upon Lead Conversion

Hi All,

Having a problem that's no-bueno for marketing or sales! I was cleaning up some leads and saw in Marketo Lead Activitiy that some of my leads were removed from a SFDC Campaign (synced to the corresponding Marketo program) when a lead was converted to a contact on an existing account. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing in Marketo:
0EM50000000SWw3.jpg

This has happened on more than one lead and I can't figure out why. Any help or insight you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SFDC Campaign Removed Upon Lead Conversion

Is this the activity log of a specific lead? I'm just wondering why both Jim and Laura are mentioned if so. 

It looks like your lead was actually deleted from SFDC completely, not just removed from the SFDC campaign. 

Could this have been initiated by Sales? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SFDC Campaign Removed Upon Lead Conversion

Yes, it's a specific lead. Laura is the owner, Jim is the lead. And the lead record was deleted because he was converted to a contact. The person was never fully deleted from Salesforce. Ergo, me wondering why he'd mysteriously dissappear from a campaign. As far as I know, this isn't being initiated by sales - all of the lead lists we give them are based off of campaigns and they know that's how we pull marketing reports.