Organize Imported Lists from Hubspot or other marketing automation system

Anonymous
Not applicable

Organize Imported Lists from Hubspot or other marketing automation system

Hello,

I am new to Marketo. Previously our company has used Hubspot for lead generation adn recently switched. I want to import about 10 lists from Hubspot into Marketo and am unclear about how to organize them.

I want to know which lists within the database came from Hubspot. Do I create a campaign folder and then start a new program for each list? Or is there a better way to organize them? At the moment I do not have any campaigs for them to be part of; I just want to bring them into Marketo and make sure they are well organized.

What's the best practice for organizing the list imports from another marketing automation system?

Thanks for your input,

Spencer

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Organize Imported Lists from Hubspot or other marketing automation system

You have a choice:

Lead Database > Static Lists > Create a Folder > Create Lists with names that match your old lists.

Static List
--HubSpot Imports
---List 1
---List 2

Once you've done that, go to

Import > and then match the CSV file to the name of the Static List.

You could also just start importing lists and name them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Organize Imported Lists from Hubspot or other marketing automation system

I agree with Josh.

If you want to track ROI, I would import them into a single Program, just with multiple lists. You can then change their acquistion program (assuming they already existed in the database) to Hubspot and will be able to report on their success. Remember, it is a best practice to add a cost. As of now, they will not show in reporting unless you have a cost, but the March Release a week from today will change that. 

Also, you can have their detailed source and/or lead source reflect the fact that they came from hubspot.