SOLVED

If Then for Token in Email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Then for Token in Email?

Hi Everyone,
We have a form that starts by asking a lead what type of inquiry they're submitting. Based on their selection, a new dropdown may appear. For example:

Inquiry Type: Demo Request
(new dropdown appears asking)
Type of Demo Request: Product A | Product B

Is it possible to have the sales rep alert emails include the "Type of Demo Request" token ONLY if the lead selected the "Demo Request" inquiry type? Essentially, an if/then statement is needed.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: If Then for Token in Email?

Hey Keller,

Yes they can. You can use the constraints in the Send Alert flow step to designate what triggers the alert. Ex. If Inquiry Type is Demo Request, Send Demo Request Alert to Lead Owner and any other email address you would like. Default will be to do nothing. Or, you can add another constraint, If Inquiry Type is General Request, send General Request alert to marcom@yourcompany.com.

You can set up an alert email for every selection of Inquiry Type and have the alerts go to the appropriate people.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Keller,

Yes they can. You can use the constraints in the Send Alert flow step to designate what triggers the alert. Ex. If Inquiry Type is Demo Request, Send Demo Request Alert to Lead Owner and any other email address you would like. Default will be to do nothing. Or, you can add another constraint, If Inquiry Type is General Request, send General Request alert to marcom@yourcompany.com.

You can set up an alert email for every selection of Inquiry Type and have the alerts go to the appropriate people.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I already have that set up. I need to know how to only include certain tokens in the email alerts based on the inquiry type.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Keller, 

I would say Jeff's solution sounds like a viable one, and really the only one I can think of. You just make several alert e-mails, e.g. one for every type of possible inquiry type (so you can decide which alert e-mail has what tokens in it) . Then in the flow step "send alert" you add conditions like, if inquiry type is 'x' --> send alert 'y'.

Solving this within the alert e-mail is going to be difficult, if not impossible.

Hope this helped, and good luck!

Cheersm, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. Ok, thank you. Seems like having if/then's for tokens would be a good feature. I would rather not have multiple emails for the same basic purpose, but I will go ahead and set it up this way for now.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Keller,

I agree with you. Did you create an idea? I will definitely upvote!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, Jeff! You can find it here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JiWDAA0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Already upvoted!