Report / Smartlist to identify when two values are not equal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report / Smartlist to identify when two values are not equal

In our Marketo instance, we use Acquistion Program information to determine what Lead Source should be. Specfically, we use the following values: 

Acquision Program Channel = Lead Source
Acquision Program = Lead Source Description 

For example, if someone was acquired by our "Webinar Program," then lead source (channel) would be "Webinar" and lead source description (acquision program) would be "Webinar Program."

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to build a report or smartlist that shows me all records where the values for "Acquision Program" and "Lead Source Description" are not equal. Any ideas on how I could achieve this within Marketo or Salesforce reporting? 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Report / Smartlist to identify when two values are not equal

You would have to run a smart list that says

Acquisition Program IS X 

and then sort by Lead Source Description in the View.

Alternatively, you could try

Acquisition Program IS X 
and
Lead Source Description IS NOT X
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashley,

The easiest way to do this would be to use a SFDC formula checkbox field that returns TRUE when Acquisition Program and Lead Source Description aren't the same:

=if([Acquisition Program API Name]<>[Lead Source Description API Name],TRUE,FALSE)

Then you can run a report with a parameter that this field = TRUE.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajesh, 

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I don't believe that the Marketo Acquistion Program Name field is natively synced to Salesforce, hence the reason why we copy the Acquisiton Program Name value to the Lead Source Description field (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PcMyAAK). This formula would only work if both the Acquision Program Name field and Lead Source Description field were available in Salesforce, correct? 

- Ashley
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashley, you're right, my apologies. I've created this field in some of my instances customly and forgot it's not out of the box.

Creating a report like in Josh's method might be your best approach. You could then export this report into Excel and create a formula that returns "1" if cell A = cell B, and "0" if false. Then, filter on this field.