SOLVED

Is there any way to restart a large group of people on a stream?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to restart a large group of people on a stream?

We would like to have all our leads repeat the entire stream once they've exhausted the content. What are the best practices to be able to do this? We have about 70 emails that we have in our prospect stream, and it takes roughly 90 days for the leads to become exhausted on all the content. How can we get it so that those leads will then restart the entire stream once they've exhausted everything? What kind of program would be best to be able to do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there any way to restart a large group of people on a stream?

To be safe, I'd clone all the emails from the first stream, then do as Josh said. So you'll technically have the same email in both steams, but they'll just be named differently. That will also allow you to see if they opened it the second time vs. the first. Also, since you'll be duplicating content, this sound like the perfect way to do an A/B test for subject lines, images ect!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would duplicate the first stream and then whenever the leads become exhausted, send them to Stream 2, which has the same content.

I've seen people do this before and I would recommend avoiding it whenever possible. The better practice is to move content around, add content, etc. You can also Pause leads for a bit, then restart less active ones. Or better yet, pull people through a funnel instead of just sending them a list of content. People who don't respond get put on a slower or different track.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do have plans to move the content around, add content, and also change the cadence once theyre exhusted but until im able to set that up Ill need to find a way to just have them run through again just the way it is for now.

however I thought that if one record had already received that email, they would then automatically skip forward until they hit something that they have not gotten yet. Is that only if its in the same stream? or is that program wide, and i would have to duplicate the entire program?
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be safe, I'd clone all the emails from the first stream, then do as Josh said. So you'll technically have the same email in both steams, but they'll just be named differently. That will also allow you to see if they opened it the second time vs. the first. Also, since you'll be duplicating content, this sound like the perfect way to do an A/B test for subject lines, images ect!
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would have thought you would have to do Kristen's suggestion and use cloned versions of the email in your second stream you send them to if you wanted to take this path. If you use the same emails in stream 2, my understanding is that Marketo would not send them to the same lead again, it wouldn't send the same content to the same lead twice, even in different streams.