GoToWebinar FailedAPI Error for unknown reason

Anonymous
Not applicable

GoToWebinar FailedAPI Error for unknown reason

More than one of our webinar services have had a complete API failure in the past few months, and more than once each. Support has been unable to explain why to my colleague so thought i'd seek help from the community on this one.

The latest failure is providing details: "FailedAPI Error: The webinar has ended and cannot accept registrations. [403]". An odd error given this is displayed within the Launchpoint Admin area and not against a webinar program.

This breaks the connection across all our webinar programs. Nothing at all has changed on the GoToWebinar side as far as settings, login details, etc. It just seems to be random and unexplainable.

The fix is easy - just log in with the credentials again and it reestablishes the link. The most concerning this for us though is that there seems to be no alert system in place for when these API connections break. Clearly a major issue. Or am I missing something here??
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GoToWebinar FailedAPI Error for unknown reason

Hi Tara,

It is correct that the API will give an error if trying to register a lead to a webinar that has endeded.  The API error is self healing and you should not have to re-enter your credentials to continue to make the integration work.

Thanks,
Cheryl