This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
1) There was a recent discussion on this topic. Please see here. You can't import using the Lead Owner field directly, but there is a way around it.
2) Marketo will de-dupe at the email address level. If the email address of the person in your list matches an email address in SFDC (as a Contact or a Lead), the record will be updated and a duplicate will not be created.
3) I usually have a Trigger listening for the list import to change various fields like the Lead Source and Lead Status if the field is empty. This will only change the data for new leads.
Just would like to add in regards to Karen's point number 2:
1) If you have a SF lead/contact named John Doe but it has no email address (which means no email address in MKTO), and you try to import a list with the same name but it has an email address, then a new MKTO lead record will be created.
2) Only when an existing contact (not a lead) is put through a "Sync lead to SFDC" flow, and assigned to a queue in the lead owner dropdown, then a duplicate lead will be created (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAAhCAO)