Need to use a field that will be hidden on the form and use URL builder to build that reffering link to use it.
Then a smart campaign listening to that reffering source.
Never tested it on the embed code of Form 2.0 but it works for Form 2.0 and 1.0
Yes, this works on the embed code as long as your hidden fields and URL Parameters work right.
Here are the steps to do this:
- Log in to Marketo
- Under Marketing Activities, select your form and click Edit Form
- Create a new field
- Change the field type for the field you created to hidden
- Select the option for Autofill
- After the clicking option for Autofill, set Get Value From to Referrer Parameter.
- Enter the Parameter Name which you want to get from the referrer URL and click SAVE.
- Click Finish
- Click Approve and Close
I understand how to do this for landing pages that I create with a hidden field and the url builder, but what about for forms housed on a non-marketo page?
How do I append designated codes to track how someone ended up on a specific page page of our website.
When I simply append "src=" with the designated code on the end of the url (like I would for landing pages), I get an error. Do you know what piece I am missing?
In your autofill options for your hidden field, try:
Default Value: [Blank]
Get Value from: Referrer Parameter
Parameter Name: src
This should store the value of src from the referring URL on your non-Marketo page.
Looks like I missing two very simple steps:
- Clearing browsing cookies
- Using a ? before the parameter name