When A/B testing. Can I use a specified list for the test and then use the results to send the email to the rest of the recipients. I'm trying to avoid having to clone the A/B test and use the same email file to send the balance.

Michael_Foilb
Level 2

When A/B testing. Can I use a specified list for the test and then use the results to send the email to the rest of the recipients. I'm trying to avoid having to clone the A/B test and use the same email file to send the balance.

3 REPLIES 3
Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

Re: When A/B testing. Can I use a specified list for the test and then use the results to send the email to the rest of the recipients. I'm trying to avoid having to clone the A/B test and use the same email file to send the balance.

why do you have to clone the A/B email to send?  if you are using email program, there is no need to clone email. Also, what is the size of your sample list and the total number of people in the campaign

Abhishek Chandra
Michael_Foilb
Level 2

Re: When A/B testing. Can I use a specified list for the test and then use the results to send the email to the rest of the recipients. I'm trying to avoid having to clone the A/B test and use the same email file to send the balance.

My sample list size would vary but about 1,000 names. I thought I'd have to clone this because I want to set up a smartlist using 2 different lists for 1 email that goes out at 2 different times?

Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

In that case I would recommend to have 2 email programs and it will give you opportunity to run 2 A/B tests. I think you should watch this session from Jessica at Marketo summit (Making the Most Out of Your A/B Testing) Adobe Summit 2019—The Digital Experience Conference | March 24–28, 2019 ...it will certainly help in clearing doubts about A/B testing concept.....

Abhishek Chandra