SOLVED

Can I add a "name" token to my email subject line?

Go to solution
Dave_Palmer
Level 2

Can I add a "name" token to my email subject line?

I'm still rather new to Marketo.  Does anyone know if/how I can add a "name" token to the subject line of my email?  I've tried searching the product docs and cannot find any basic "token how-to" information.  I see "email script token" info and "system token" info, but they do not seem to be what I need.

Thanks for any help you can suggest.

Dave Palmer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Natalie_Kremer
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can I add a "name" token to my email subject line?

Dave Palmer‌, yes you can use any Person Tokens in your email subject line. Here is a more detailed Token Overview that digs into the different Token types and where they're available to use.

In your subject line you can choose the Token button I've outlined in red below to pull in your name Token. Just be sure to add in a back-up value in case you don't have a name tied to that record. 

Add Token.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Natalie_Kremer

Dave Palmer‌, yes you can use any Person Tokens in your email subject line. Here is a more detailed Token Overview that digs into the different Token types and where they're available to use.

In your subject line you can choose the Token button I've outlined in red below to pull in your name Token. Just be sure to add in a back-up value in case you don't have a name tied to that record. 

Add Token.png

Dave_Palmer
Level 2

Thank you Natalie!  This all makes sense.  And thank you for the link to the "glossary" of Tokens.  I would never have found it there under "Landing Page Personalization."  I also did not know about that icon to the far right that allowed access to tokens. Much appreciated, Natalie.

Dave Palmer

Natalie_Kremer

No problem! I always find trying to Google for Marketo Product Docs can be more helpful than trying to search within the Product Docs themselves.

Dave_Palmer
Level 2

Another good suggestion!  Thanks again, Natalie!

Dave