SOLVED

Random Sample List

Go to solution
James_Walsh
Level 3

Random Sample List

Hello,

We have a lead nurture campaign where we holdback 10% of the inbound leads from receiving email communications. We have it setup where it says "If Random Sample is 10 remove from flow". We do this to calculate revenue generated from the people that received the email and compare it to those who do not to see how beneficial the campaign actually is. 

How would I go about generating a list of the Random Sample that was actually removed from flow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Re: Random Sample List

Hi James - you could add these records to a static list, based upon the random sample. Then base the remove from flow step upon the static list membership.

Mariah Mattick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Hi James - you could add these records to a static list, based upon the random sample. Then base the remove from flow step upon the static list membership.

Mariah Mattick
James_Walsh
Level 3

Hi Mariah,

If the campaign is already running am I able to see those records who already qualified?

Also are you saying I keep the "Random Sample 10, Remove from Flow" and then add another step, If Random Sample 10, Move to Static List. Because they are different steps would the random sample of 10 be consistent between the two steps?

Thanks,

Jim

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Mariah's saying (and I agree) that you should use the Random Sample only to add to the list, which makes the samples persistent. Then base further actions on the list membership.

You don't want multiple Random Sample steps.

James_Walsh
Level 3

Thanks Mariah and Sanford. I updated the campaign to If Random Sample, Add to List, then Remove from flow if member of that list.