SOLVED

Marketo fields in SFDC Professional edition

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo fields in SFDC Professional edition

Hi all, 

I am setting up Marketo on SFDC Professional.  I had a question about the Page Layouts.

In the tutorial article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz6L  it says to put almost all of the Custom fields on the layouts.

Interestingly, they leave out the "Acquisition" fields (Acquisition Date, Acquisition Program, Acquisition Program ID).  Should those be included?

They include all of the "Original" fields (Original Search Engine, Search Phrase, Referrer, Source Info, Source Type)
and all the "Inferred" fields (City, Company, Metro area, etc)

Do I need to include all of those fields?  I'm concerned they will be confusing to my sale reps.  I previously used Marketo on SFDC Enterprise and while those fields were synched, I never exposed them to my reps, and didn't really use them in reports.  If I have to include them, could I put them in a second "hidden" section?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Jocelyn

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo fields in SFDC Professional edition

Hi

In Professional Edition if you want the data to sync, you need to put the fields on the page layout because layouts drive field level permissions. I suspect whoever wrote that article assumed you did not want to share Marketo Acquisition data to Salesforce, or else they would absolutely need to be on the page layout. This isn't necessary with Enterprise/Ultimate editions, but is absolutely needed with Professional edition.

I'm reasonably certain you can assign page layouts to standard profiles in professional edition? I'd be looking to give the Marketo sync user admin permissions, and expose these fields only to the page layout Marketo has access to as an admin, which could be different from the one Sales reps see.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi

In Professional Edition if you want the data to sync, you need to put the fields on the page layout because layouts drive field level permissions. I suspect whoever wrote that article assumed you did not want to share Marketo Acquisition data to Salesforce, or else they would absolutely need to be on the page layout. This isn't necessary with Enterprise/Ultimate editions, but is absolutely needed with Professional edition.

I'm reasonably certain you can assign page layouts to standard profiles in professional edition? I'd be looking to give the Marketo sync user admin permissions, and expose these fields only to the page layout Marketo has access to as an admin, which could be different from the one Sales reps see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Veronica, 

I ended up putting the less critical fields in a separate section and I'm going to advise my reps to close that section.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Professional supports multiple page layouts.

- Jocelyn