AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can Velocity cache custom objects?

Question asked by Mark Price on Sep 26, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 30, 2019 by Mark Price

Hello, 

I have an issue and am going back and forth with Marketo Support they are saying the issue is with a Velocity Script, but I do not see how that is possible.   

Has anyone had an issue with custom objects cacheing / still showing up after being removed from SFDC ? 

Simplified script I made for testing: 

#foreach( $Automated_Fee_Reimbursement__c in $Automated_Fee_Reimbursement__cList )
<p>$Automated_Fee_Reimbursement__c</p>
#end

Record #1 output: (expected)
{Address_Change_Expiration_Date__c=2019-09-26, Amount__c=337.63, City__c=Saint Joseph, State__c=MI, Street_Address__c=1004 Record 1 Streetname Apt #4, Zip_Code__c=49085}

Record #2 output: (has an additional object with null city and truncated street value and default date of 2099-09-24) 

{Address_Change_Expiration_Date__c=2019-09-27, Amount__c=62.85, City__c=Baldwin, State__c=MD, Street_Address__c=19 Record 2 Streetname, Zip_Code__c=21013}

{Address_Change_Expiration_Date__c=2099-09-24, Amount__c=62.85, City__c=null, State__c=MD, Street_Address__c=19, Zip_Code__c=21013}

^ When going into SalesForce there is only 1 custom object showing for the record in question with city and street address as expected. 

The SalesForce team did say there was a botched import they rolled back and re-imported where city was null but the admin does not see those objects in the system anymore. 

I've tried refreshing the schema in Marketo to no avail.  After a week of going back and forth with support they are blaming the script and "don't support velocity so can't help".   

For now, I made a filter in the live Velocity to only pull in objects that have a city set but don't want to maintain a filter in future scripts to deal with an erroneous object. 

Any ideas? 

Outcomes