AnsweredAssumed Answered

Being Creative with RTP Perceived Organization

Question asked by Patrick Dooley on Sep 17, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

I realized the RTP inferred organization was not accessible as a lead attribute or under marketing activity data. It's only available in RTP. It's very usable data and I wanted to bridge that gap and make it available as a field.

This led me to use experiment by

1. Using the RTP function to acquire the inferred Org
    rtp('userContextReady', function() { var inferOrg  = rtp.userContext.org; }
  2. Using the Munchkin API to push the Organization as visitWebPage with the prefix "/LPO/" 
     - shows up in lead activity like this : www.mydomain.com/LPO/NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE 
    if(Munchkin){ Munchkin.munchkinFunction('visitWebPage', { 'url': "/LPO/"+ORGANIZATION}); }
  3. I setup a new custom field for "Last Perceived Organization"
  4. Next I have a Smart Campaign
     - The smart list is setup to trigger for visitsWebPage containing "/LPO/"
     - The flow then updates the value of a custom field I setup, named "Last Perceived Organization", to the value the   trigger token for {{trigger.web page}}.
     - I don't know why clickedLink is excluded from these trigger tokens?!?! I would've preferred to use that...

This is working and as mentioned in the above example this results in a value like this:
www.mydomain.com/LPO/NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE 

This is where I need help from you. Is anyone aware of a method through smart campaigns/calculated fields/witchcraft to run a replace like function on a field without using the API or Export>Import process?

For my javascript people this is what I'm looking for at a field level: 

var x = "www.mydomain.com/LPO/NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE";

var org = x.replace("www.mydomain.com/LPO/","");

// org now equals "NAME OF THE COMPANY HERE"

Appreciate any thoughts/feedback

Outcomes