AnsweredAssumed Answered

Associate Leads from external site to Marketo Landing Page

Question asked by Cory Colt on Sep 17, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2019 by Jay Jiang

We created a "manage subscription" form and created a marketo landing page for it. The form is set to prefill the form fields. We're having an issue getting the form to populate with the user's information. 

Currently we have a website separate from Marketo, but we're trying to integrate our website with some Marketo functionality. We're trying to provide a user with a link "Manage Subscriptions and Preferences" which takes them to a marketo landing page we created with the custom form referenced above.

How do we accomplish this functionality to allow the user to click on the link, but then be taken to a marketo landing page with the form populated already with the user's information? 

What I've done: 

I'm using the Associate Lead REST API functionality to associate the lead, so I'm sending a POST request with the user's marketo ID and munchkin cookie information. I'm getting back a status code of 200 (OK), but the form still isn't populating. 

This seems like such common functionality that I'm a little confused as to why it's not called out in the documentation. I've spent HOURS and HOURS at this point going through the documentation, but I'm at a loss on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes