PowerBi integration has been closed

Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

PowerBi integration has been closed

As of now, the microsoft marketo powerbi integration is depreciated, Connect to Marketo with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs - therefore we have no way to integrate Marketo data into PowerBI out of the box.

Will Marketo be releasing a new template app to support integration into PowerBI?

"We'll be deprecating this content pack on September 4, 2019. If you installed this content pack before then, it will continue to work, but you won't be able to install a new one after that. Template apps are the replacement for service content packs."

4 REPLIES 4
Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

Re: PowerBi integration has been closed

update from microsoft powerBI is there are no plans to replace the marketo integration into powerbi. So anyone planning on using PowerBi you'll have to build your own reports....

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

The native integration was so worthless, so never used it. We created a custom integration that is quite useful. 

I would suggest you to try this. As far as i know Marketo is not working on improving the integration. 

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Totally agree here.  We're doing some amazing things with custom dashboards/reports using the API, SQL Server and PowerBI!

Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

thanks Dan Stevens.‌ and Ravi Ansal‌ - agreed it wasnt great and the custom is more flexible - but its frustrating when other systems (Tableau) have good out of the box reporting - and the Microsoft Power BI page is still up saying:

Connect and view your data with pre-built Power BI and Marketo dashboards and reports in a matter of minutes.

Hopefully the PowerBI team bring out something good for the Adobe (and thinking of the wider ecosystem I suspect we may see more movement around PowerBI + Adobe integration vs PowerBI + Marketo integration. We're seeing movement around the Marketo + Dynamics integration as a result of the Adobe purchase.... fingers crossed!