AnsweredAssumed Answered

Engagement Scoring Decay

Question asked by Angus McCann on Aug 15, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 11, 2019 by Angus McCann

We are trying to come up with a general engagement scoring model in our Marketo Instance.

Right now we are the beginning phases (creating the model and let it run in the background for a month or two before rolling it out to users) and I'm trying to come up with an appropriate score decay model based on inactivity (the filter would be score has not changed in the past 30 days).

The concern is that if a person is super engaged - gains a bunch of points January through June, but then falls completely off in July, we want to be able to make sure that our decay isn't too light - that is to say that we are not still counting a person in Dec as "engaged" who hasn't engaged in 6 months. 

IDEALLY - We have a person's score decrease by say, 10%, for inactivity so the flow step would be "Change Score (*0.9)" but the only operators are addition, subtraction, and just changing it to a specific value.

I'm honestly stumped and I'm at the point where I'm concerned I just might be over thinking this - does anyone have any tips on how they decided an appropriate score decay value?

Outcomes