AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding unique IDs to URL Query Strings

Question asked by Angus McCann on Jul 26, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2019 by Angus McCann

Our business has a lead field called "uniqueID" that we use to identify unique devices/people in our database that have created an account on our site.

Right now, that uniqueID is stored in an "Account Custom Object" that holds all the other account information - First Name, Last Name, Address, Company, etc.

We want to add the uniqueID as query string to all URLs in Marketo that point to our website. I know we can use Velocity Scripting to append that to urls as a token, however, not all people in our database have an account with us and therefore don't have the Account Custom Object.

My question is three parts:

1. If a user doesn't have a uniqueID and we use velocity scripting to append it to urls as part of a query string, will the link break?

2. Is there a way to have a field in a Custom Object like uniqueID be populated into a regular contact field?

3. Is this something Marketo already does? I feel like I've read somewhere else before that Marketo had a recent release or upcoming release where the Marketo ID would be appended as a query string onto all urls, but it's not something that I've come across when searching.

Outcomes