Leads are not getting emails after unpausing engagement cadence

Alex_Gladding
Level 2

Leads are not getting emails after unpausing engagement cadence

I have an engagement program where I pause leads for 2 days before they get their first email in the engagement stream. I add them to the correct steam of which they become a member (confirmed). I then change the engagement cadence to "pause", wait 2 days, and then change the engagement cadence to "normal". Why are leads not getting emails after the engagement stream is set to normal? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the help!

pastedImage_1.png

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Re: Leads are not getting emails after unpausing engagement cadence

Can you send a screenshot of the Streams view? Curious if maybe the assets are in the stream but not activated? Or the cadence isn't defined? Just some initial thoughts. 

Alex_Gladding
Level 2

Hi Chris, all the content is activated, and the cadence is set. Leads have also become members of their assigned stream.

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

Alex_Gladding
Level 2

You know what, I made the rookie mistake of not changing the program status to "on". I've been trying to debug this thing all morning, making it far more complicated than it needed to be  

Thanks for your help! I needed a nudge back to the basics. 

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Wait, is the Engagement Program activated? Check that too!

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Ha, exactly what I just thought of too. I've absolutely forgotten to activate content in the stream before which is also why I started there, haha!  Glad it was an easy one  

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

How long has your smart campaign to add people/update their cadence been running? If the first cast is set to 7/25 (yesterday, a Thursday), maybe depending on how "Recipient Time Zone" works, you might not have anyone who was ready in time?

Alex_Gladding
Level 2

The smart campaign has been running since early last week. The onboarding campaign sends a welcome email immediately after they register, then adds them to the proper engagement program stream, then immediately pauses them for the 2 day waiting period. 

Do you think I should change the first cast date?

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

Naa, from your other response it sounds like you just hadn't turned on the program as a whole. Keeping the first cast date in the past doesn't make a difference