How to remove "I am not a robot" captcha

madhumita_jha
Level 2

How to remove "I am not a robot" captcha

From 26th june 2019, for testing purpose when creating form using apvance tool text script, i am not able to create form when checking console then understand "I am not a robot" (security by cloudflare) captcha page is coming after clicking on submit and test failure message coming due to that.

So please anyone help me how to remove that "I am not a robot" (security by cloudflare) captcha page from my marketo forms.

image (2).png

18 REPLIES 18
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: How to remove "I am not a robot" captcha

In fairness, you are technically doing the types of things Cloudflare would correctly flag by trying to use a direct browser URL rather than handling this with a server. From Cloudflare's point of view, the only way you can bypass that is to actually switch certain page rules to have security set to "Essentially Off", and I don't really see Marketo being keen on setting that up.

madhumita_jha
Level 2

But we are using marketo from long back, never faced this kind of issue. From 26 June 2019 this issue started.
May i know is there any software or functionality update from marketo?

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Marketo has introduced additional levels of security to further protect it's infrastructure from web based attacks.  I suggest you use our supported Forms 2.0 API https://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/forms/

madhumita_jha
Level 2

Hi Steven,

Do you have an idea how to modify that security?
I checked  https://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/forms this url, but unable to find topics related to security.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

CloudFlare is operating at a totally different level, and unfortunately there is no way for a subtenant (i.e. Marketo instance) to modify the settings. (Which would be fine if CF didn't mess up now and then and block legitimate, human users. But I digress.)

If you're trying to test your forms in realtime using an automated tool -- which I sympathize with -- you're going to end up getting blocked periodically. Can you explain what your "advanced tool text script" is trying to do, exactly?

madhumita_jha
Level 2

The test tool name is appvance and which is one kind of automation tool which our team is using for testing websites forms from long back. But don't know why what happen with marketo suddenly that tool is not able to test our website forms.

when we try to figure out the issue using console, then 403 forbidden error seen in front of marketo script.

SanfordWhiteman

But don't know why what happen with marketo suddenly that tool is not able to test our website forms.

They hardened the CloudFlare settings recently, it's not really a mystery!

madhumita_jha
Level 2

So is there any way to remove that security level?

Because due to that my website is not able to load marketo script.

SanfordWhiteman

Nope.

And it's really annoying to me as well, since as one of the few people who specialize in customizing Marketo forms, I spend hours per week testing forms @ clients.

Still, the far bigger worry is when CloudFlare misbehaves for end users (not for us or our automated tools).