Marketo is lagging behind

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

Marketo is lagging behind

After 6 or more years using Marketo, I can say Marketo is starting to dissapoint. Every release is slimmer than the previous, or out of focus.

Why I am saying this?

• Basic missing features that for years are being requested are still missing. In the era of AI you can't even evaluate a date token without calling a webhook.
  • The reporting is outrageous, many promisses but nothing happens, we are still with a 2000 style reporting.
  • Sky... ohh Sky, many years of promises and it is still an useless interface with little or none advantage.
  • We are still dependant on smart lists based on stored data or triggers, not in future inference or likelihood.
  • Still the eternal problem of duplications...

I can go on and on ... but Marketo, its time to wake up!

Tags (1)
72 REPLIES 72
Raymond_Johnson
Level 5

Re: Marketo is lagging behind

and to rub a little more salt in that wound even small enhancement are becoming paid add-on's, the enhancements for events in the last release are actual a paid add-on from what support has been telling me.

Chris_Jacko
Level 3

Agreed. How they can justify charging extra for HTTPS landing pages is entirely beyond me. 

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Yeah this one really shocked me. When SSL is now free, how can they charge us for it. We provide all our customers SSL for free, in a fully automated way.

Sean Richards
Ronnie_Duke2
Level 4

Don't get me started...an SSL can be purchased for a hundred bucks (for a fancy one) but they wanted to charge us $2,300 as a DISCOUNT from $2,500! When I questioned our rep on this the response was "Well, we need to make it worth while for our sales reps to go through all the work of creating the contract". Really?? Virtually every modern SaaS app I've used has this included by default - sounds like they created the problem for themselves. We finally got them to drop the price to $900 because we needed to get our pages secured, but that was still hard for our IT team to swallow knowing how much that is being marked up.

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

The same thing happened with me. It was even worse. We have 40 BUs and needed 40 secure domains. And they charged us thousands of dollars for this.

Nathan_Irwin
Level 1

What about HTTPS links in email - not even possible we're told. 

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

It's possible, you have to pay extra for that and the funny part is that you can only secure 2 email link domains in one license which cost around $2K? I mean seriously!!

Colby_Dix
Level 5

not to mention that the automatic increase in cost on an annual basis with no actual improvements to the product are a near-constant slap in the face.

even if you try and remove some feature that you added on a la carte, they'll tell you that it breaks your package and you'll end up spending even MORE for LESS. brutal.

ooooh shiny.
KanakoTone
Level 5

I'm curious,,, does anyone feel the quality of tech support deteriorated last few months or so as well? I've been using Marketo and these days they don't respond to me with viable solutions or resolutions within a few days...