Dynamic Email help

Ian_Martinez-Ch
Level 2

Dynamic Email help

Hello and TIA!

I've put a brand awareness campaign together that consists of 3 different ads on LinkedIn that we are bringing back to a Marketo LP. I'd like to create an email string that sends out the same dynamic email no matter what LP they came from. 

I think the process will need the following:

1. Custom tokens for each of the pieces of content for personalization (need some help with ideas hear)

2. Some kind of segmentation set up so I can make the emails dynamic based on the content (need help with this)

3. The actual email. (got this handled).

Any help on the places I need to go to make this work or ideas on how to make this work would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Dynamic Email help

I'd like to create an email string that sends out the same dynamic email no matter what LP they came from.

Email stream, you mean, right?

Anyway, the topic is very broad and I don't think anyone should be giving you one pat answer yet as there's not enough detail.

While Dynamic Content™ -- the functionality behind the "Make Dynamic" options in the Marketo UI -- is indeed linked to Segments in a true Segmentation, that's not the only way to create lower-case dynamic content across Marketo. For a prominent example, Velocity tokens can be used to create hyperdynamic email content based on lead and custom object values, and they don't need Segmentations to work.

You can only have 20 Segmentations active at a time, so they shouldn't be used for one-off audiences IMO. Segmentations are more for long-lived characteristics: product holdings/interests, ownership, emailability, geography/language, global meta-types like job function, etc.

Can you give detailed examples of how the intended content will differ?