AnsweredAssumed Answered

Engagement Program Training

Question asked by Angus McCann on Jun 10, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2019 by Angus McCann

Our business switched from Eloqua to Marketo at the beginning of the year and we are getting around to setting back up our Engagement Series. I'm just going to be honest and say that we're having difficulty building out these programs back to the way they were in Eloqua. Mainly, the issue we seem to be having is setting program cadence - to re-construct in Marketo how and why certain emails are sent out is either a) too complicated, logically or b) forcing us to remove levels of automation that our programs had before.

Our team is trying to figure out if this is a user-error problem (do we just not understand the tool?) or if this is due to how Marketo built engagement programs, and we need to re-think how we as a business are putting together our marketing engagement series. A use case can be found in this community submission I made the other week.

I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light or share experiences they had with the engagement programs - did you take the Core Concepts 2 class or use consultations to help overcome any struggles you had? Is this a common experience users have had with engagement programs and you've personally had to make adjustments to how your org does engagement campaigns to make it fit to Marketo Engagement Programs? etc.

Outcomes