Engagement Program or Not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Program or Not?

I just watched the Engagement Engine course and I understand it can be a great tool to nurture leads through the lifecyle. But the course implies you have tons of content, suitable for different stages of nuturing.

In our case, we are marketing 6 different software products to a large database of cold, inactive, active, and engaged leads and also to existing customers. However we have only about 10 pieces of content for each product, and much of it will be used in emails to cold, inactive, or active leads. And while we might offer the same piece of content, I'd like to change the wording of the emails, i.e., "we haven't heard from you in awhile, here's an ebook" vs. "based on your recent interest in something, here's an ebook."

So having unique emails will create overhead in assuring we don't send the same ebook to a lead who's transitioned from one stream to another (based on lead score). I guess we could avoid this by keeping the emails standard and not cloning them, but it's not ideal for our needs.

In our situation, is the Engagement Engine and streams the way to go? Or should we stick to what we've been doing, which is standard drip programs. Anyone have similar experience?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Program or Not?

Create Segmentations based on whatever you're going to create Streams for... IE Product 1 > Prospect, Product 1 > Opportunity, Product 1 > Inactive.... Then create Segments = Prospect / Opportunity / Inactive . That way you can modify the text, but technically send the same email to everyone.

I think Engagement Programs are clutch & recommend everyone uses them.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Engagement Program or Not?

I agree with Adam. And remember another advantage is you can always add more content. Even if you just have those 10 pieces right now you can just drag and drop content in the stream as you create it.