AnsweredAssumed Answered

Email template: mktoText inside a mktoBoolean declaration not working

Question asked by Elin Pedersen on May 29, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

Hello, I've created a template with many different modules and variables which all work great, with one exception: I have a mktoText class td inside an element for which I've added visibility control using the mktoBoolean declaration, and it seems I can only use one of the two, but not a combo.

Here is my mkto variable in the email header:

<meta class="mktoBoolean" id="top-intro-show" mktoName="Show top intro" default="true" true_value="-->" false_value="" true_value_name="YES" false_value_name="NO" mktoModuleScope="true">

And here is what the html looks like:

<!-- intro ${top-intro-show}
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 22px; table-layout: fixed;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="u-center-mob" style="color: #525f7f;"><div class="mktoText" id="top-intro-text" mktoname="Intro text">Intro text goes here. Can he hidden if not used</div></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<!-- / intro -->

I've used this boolean trick to turn many other elements on and off, and it works perfectly in combination with other variables, like a mktoString defined in the header. With the above, if I don't use the boolean variable and use <!-- intro --> instead in the html, the text element shows up in MKTO. If I use the boolean varible however, the slider is there and works as expected, but then the text element doesn't show. 

Does anyone have an idea as to why, and what I need to do in order to combine these two? It has to be a mktoText declaration, it cannot be string.

Outcomes