AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need Help Setting Up Re-Engagement Campaign

Question asked by Traffic Agency on May 21, 2019
Latest reply on May 23, 2019 by Traffic Agency

I am setting up a re-engagement campaign with users who have been inactive recently and want to ensure it is set up correctly. We plan to send a chain of three emails to leads to encourage them to update their email subscription preferences and become "active" again. If a lead is sent the 1st email and updates their preferences, I want to make sure that they don't receive any of the following emails.

At the end of the campaign, if they didn't take any action, they will be purged from the database. Here is how the campaign is set up:

I've created three smart campaigns within a default program:

1) Email #1 - 05/29/2019

Smart List: Member of recently inactive list

Flow: Wait until May 29 >> Send Email #1

Schedule: Will run once on May 29

2) Email #2 - 06/05/2019

Smart List: Was delivered email #1 >> Not filled out form for subscription preferences between May 29-June 5

Flow: Wait until June 5 (one week since email #1 sent) >> Send Email #2

Schedule: Will run once on June 5

3) Email #3 - 06/12/2019

Smart List: Was delivered email #2 >> Not filled out form for subscription preferences between May 29-June 12

Flow: Wait until June 12 (one week since email #2 sent) >> Send Email #3

Schedule: Will run once on June 12

Record Purge

Wait one week since email #3 sent. If person was delivered email #1, #2, and #3 and didn't fill out the email preference subscription form between 5/29 - 06/19, then they will be removed.

Additional Question:

1) Since I have assigned a "Wait" step in the Flow, am I able to schedule the campaigns whenever I want and they won't actually run until after the wait period? For example, if I run the first smart list on May 28th, it won't send the email until May 29th based on the criteria, correct?

I would prefer this so I don't have to remember to run the campaign and instead Marketo will automatically do that.

_____

I would appreciate if someone could review this and confirm that it is set up correctly. Thanks!

Outcomes