AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I replace emails in an active stream?

Question asked by Ronn Burner on May 9, 2019
Latest reply on May 13, 2019 by Phillip Wild

How would you replace emails within an active stream with entirely new emails that A. Does not deploy to exhausted members and B. Only to the new leads that have entered the stream?

For context...

I have Trigger Campaign based on new subscriptions sending leads to a stream with 3 emails in it and exit conditions during and after exhausting those 3 emails. Every day there are new subscriptions entering therefore in each of say the past 3 days new subscribers are currently on either Email 1, 2 or 3 (a few hundred leads). Thousands of leads have exhausted the content over time.

I have recreated and redesigned the 3 emails into Marketo custom templates I created because the 3 emails currently in there are MailChimp built and the html simply pasted into Marketo email template (yuck!)

I have 10 active programs and streams exactly like this that will all need the current MailChimp emails replaced with the new Marketo emails I built so I want to make sure I'm doing it the smart way. Is it simply better to just clone each entire program and turn the old one off and activate the new one?

FYI - I tried once by simply deactivating the "old" emails and adding the "new" emails into the stream yesterday and of course this morning I discovered that all the thousands of exhausted leads did, in fact, receive the "new" email 1.

Thanks!

Outcomes