AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using a trigger with an "in past" date of activity

Question asked by Amanda Giacobassi on Apr 24, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2019 by Josh Hill

Question for the group:

Normally triggers only fire when the triggering action is done. E.g., contacts are only enrolled in a smart campaign with the Fills out Form trigger if they meet smart list criteria at the time they fill out the form.

What happens when you use a date of activity constraint on a trigger?

I'm looking to create a trigger that says form name is "contact us" with date of activity in past 2 weeks. Will the smart campaign query every contact who has filled out a contact us form on a rolling 2 week basis?

Marketo___Form_-_Demo_contact_greater_than_10_days__Smart_List__•_Marketing_Activities.jpg

Because of other filters I have on this smart list, contacts will be filtered out of the smart campaign for the first 10 days after their form fill. The only days a contact could go through this smart campaign is on days 11, 12, 13, 14 after their form fill. But only IF a trigger searches every contact every day for a form fill in the last 2 weeks.

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is apply a person score of +100 to contacts who submit a contact us form for the first 10 days (that's an easy cohort to isolate), and then apply a -70 point score starting on day 11. The effect is a score surge for the first 10 days after a contact submits this form.

Interested in hearing if you all think this approach will work, or if you have recommendations on how to achieve this "in the past 10 days" score surge effect where the score is bumped up for the first 10 days following an action, and then the score drops back down by a fixed amount.

I'm implementing Marketo right now, so I don't have a pool of contacts to test this with!

Thanks!

Outcomes