AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nurture Program with an Imprecise Stream Cadence

Question asked by Tom Kerlin on Apr 17, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2019 by Bryan Epstein

Hi all,

I'm working on a Nurture Engagement Program with an imprecise stream cadence, meaning the send dates will be pretty nebulous depending on when someone is added to the program. While a typical nurture program might have recurring casts scheduled every Tuesday afternoon of every week (or every other week), this particular engagement program is asking for the casts to go out every 3 days. People will be automatically added to the engagement program just from visiting specific web pages. As an example, if someone is added to the program on Monday, then they will receive the next email in the cast on a Thursday and the next email in the cast on a Sunday. Since there are 10 email communications in the journey, after that Sunday email they will receive the next email on a Wednesday and the next email on a Saturday. As you've probably noticed, the days that the emails need to go out keep changing. On top of that, the first 4 emails will need to be resent in 2 weeks if there is no activity with that email.

I've read through the product documentation on setting the stream cadence here: Set Stream Cadence - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation - It seems pretty straightforward if you need to set up casts to go out every week or month with specific days and times to select from. How would you go about setting up the cadence for the program I described?

Is it as simple as using wait steps in each of the email program's flow steps and scheduling the streams to send out the casts on a daily basis (M,T,W,TH,F) so that new members are moving through the journey on a daily basis? 

Thanks,

Tom

Outcomes