AnsweredAssumed Answered

Passing Known Lead/Person From Our Website to "Supplemental" Form on Marketo LP

Question asked by Jeremy Caverly on Apr 11, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

I feel like I've read 30+ posts/topics and still can't seem to figure this one out.

https://lovemycreditunion.org

Goal Path/Outcome:

• Person registers for our Sprint program via our 4-5 step PHP web app.
  • At Step 2, we PushLead update via REST API with First Name, Last Name and Email Address
  • We get back Marketo ID in API response and store in app code
  • At final registration step we PushLead update with several Custom Fields we've collected
  • Person arrives at Registration Complete/Confirmation page, still on LoveMyCreditUnion.org
  • To enter them into a new sweepstakes, I need 2 more fields from them so we'll link them to a Marketo-hosted LP with the additional fields (Postal Code and a Accept Terms boolean check-box)

What do I need to append to the URL that links them from Registration Complete page on our web app to the Marketo LP to make sure that Marketo Form submission on that LP is stitched/appended to their record?

I've tried appending Base64 encoded ?email= in a URL parameters string with hidden email field on the form and that's not working.

Is the only solution to do an associateLead call to the Javascript API while they're moving through my web app and we know their email address? Can we query the REST API for a mkt_tok to append to the URL that takes them to the Marketo LP? I'm worried I'll have LP/Form submissions in my DB with only Postal Code and Check Box Boolean and none of the other data we just collected in our web app properly joined in Marketo DB.

Outcomes