Drip and Nurture - loyalty program and email series

Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Drip and Nurture - loyalty program and email series

Hi there,

Would love someones advise on the below:

I am creating an engagement drip and nurture program for Clevels.

• Existing database - We want to target only C-level job titles in our database with two emails (reactivating them) and then dropping them into the Email series (This is basically a campaign around CIO's which will continue throughout the whole year - cadence will be to release every 5-6 weeks)
  • There will be a 'Non responder' email for the 001 - reactivation emails - these will go out two weeks afterwards - ISR's (Inside sales reps) will follow up with these
  • Content syndication - I am working with 2 outside vendors who will supply me with leads from target accounts and adding them to the 'Welcome' email and then adding transition rules to add them to the email series. How do you propose I do this? How do you add transition rules so that it is automated for when someone reaches a certain lead score or behaviour so they move to a particular stream?
  • For the welcome stream do you think there should be more than just one email? before chucking them into the 'Email Series' for clevels?
  • For the Existing database stream - any leads will be followed up with by the ISRs for the non-responder email but for the
  • 'Email Series' the follow up with be done personally by a regional sales director or Senior Account leader, NOT a regular sales exec since this audience is very niche - this is for the follow up - question is, for the lead queue where do they end up so it only goes to a certain sales person?
  • We are running our own business run events specifically for this drip and nurture topic but also have a booth at publicly run events from June - Feb 2020 so since I created the events to sit outside of this drip and nurture engagement program - would you suggest you don't send out email invites from 'THIS' drip and nurture engagement program and instead send 'promo invite teasers' at the bottom of the emails, e.g. a banner promo at the bottom of C Level email series or the 'Welcome and onboarding'? I just dont think this is the purpose of a drip and nurture engagement program to be sending one of invites as part of a stream to an event - it should be a banner at the bottom where you are crosselling it alongside thought leadership content.How would you ensure the people in 'Email Series' stream got invited to the events?
  • End goal - Judging on the performance of the 'Email Series' (since it only goes out every 5-6 weeks) we would like to take existing customers and put them through a loyalty program for expansion - How would you set this up? Would you create an entirely different drip and nurture engagement program separate from this one? or would you keep it in this stream?

pastedImage_1.png

2 REPLIES 2
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Drip and Nurture - loyalty program and email series

Let's see if I can answer a few of the questions you have...

1. Transition rules between Welcome and the Content Series - The short answer is yes, you can transition leads/contacts between streams based on the behavior or demographics you're looking for. I'm a fan of using smart campaigns instead of Transition Rules within the nurture. More on that here: Nurture Transition Streams- How to set-up the transition smartlist? (See Michael Florin​'s comment)
  2. Welcome stream emails - I think this is an internal decision. You're the one who knows the email content and background on these contacts and leads. You can always test it to see if you get a better engagement rate with just the one welcome email vs. adding more.
  3. Lead Queue - You can use custom assignment rules in Marketo if you have the data to parse the leads to each region leader (by state, I'm assuming?). More on that here: Lead Assignment through Marketo - Best Practices and Process
  4. Event Promo - It depends on what kind of promotions you'll be doing as part of your Event program. I like using nurtures to promote other events/offers via banners and secondary content areas like you mentioned. But you could always drop in an email specific to the event if needed. It will end up being sent to everyone in that stream on the next cast. More on that here: Adding content to the beginning of the Nurture stream(See Dory Viscogliosi's comment). Outside of dropping an event promo email into the stream, you could always send an email OUTSIDE of the nurture to individuals in the email series stream by using "Member of Engagement Program" as your send list filter, and including the specific stream as a Constraint.
Lizzie_Boyes
Level 2

Re: Drip and Nurture - loyalty program and email series

Hi Carrie,

Thank you this is great! Did you have any advice on the loyalty program for existing customers (After they have gone through all of the above streams) would you create a brand new engagement drip and nurture campaign? Or add another stream to the existing Drip and nurture I currently have? Advise would be greatly appreciated :-).

• End goal - Judging on the performance of the 'Email Series' (since it only goes out every 5-6 weeks) we would like to take existing customers and put them through a loyalty program for expansion - How would you set this up? Would you create an entirely different drip and nurture engagement program separate from this one? or would you keep it in this stream?

Many thanks,

Lizzie