AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lead and Company token values not showing up in URL parameter links

Question asked by Hoi Nguyen on Apr 10, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

Hi Community,

I am building a customer referral program, where a customer can submit a Marketo form with their referral's details. For example, there is an existing record/customer in Marketo who is owned by our CSM Becky Smith and that record's name is John Doe from Test Company and his email address is john.doe@test.com and he wants to refer his colleague Will Smith from Men in Black.

John hits the landing page with a form that asks for Will Smith's details, e.g. First Name, Last Name, Company Name, and Email Address. Upon submission, a record is created for Will Smith from Men in Black at will.smith@test.com.

In addition to First Name, Last Name, Company Name, and Email Address on Will's record, we want to pass through the following fields to his record:

Referrer Name: John Doe

Referrer Company: Test Company

Referrer Email Address: john.doe@test.com

Referrer's Account Owner's Email Address: becky.smith@csm.com

In order to do so, I have set set up the form to populate the hidden fields via URL parameter below:

[URL Parameter = Field]

refname = Referrer Name

refcompany = Referrer Company

refemail = Referrer Email Address

csmemail = Account Owner Email Address

Additionally, in the email that I send to John Doe, I include the following link to the landing page and form:

https://go.greenhouse.io/customer-referral-OPEN-promo.html?refname={{lead.Full Name}}&refcompany={{company.Company Name}}&refemail={{lead.Email Address}}&csmemail={{company.Account Owner Email Address}}

Specifically, I am including the following tokens:

refname={{lead.Full Name}}

refcompany={{company.Company Name}}

refemail={{lead.Email Address}}

csmemail={{company.Account Owner Email Address}}

The idea is that the tokens will populate John Doe's information so that upon submission, Will's record will contain the referrer information of John.

I was testing and the only URL parameter that is populating at all is refemail={{lead.Email Address}}. The other URL parameters are not populating with John's info and I have no idea why.

Does anyone know what may be happening?

Thanks,

Hoi

Outcomes