AnsweredAssumed Answered

associateLead "suddenly" not working

Question asked by Dara Wong on Apr 10, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

Hello, all.

The associateLead function on our web site seems to have stopped working for "some" visitors.

Our web site is still tracking visitors each day but associateLead is not working as expected.

I have created a test script to see what is happening and some odd behaviour is occurring.

I have included code I am using for testing below:

<script>

mktoMunchkin("XXX-XXX-XXX");

mktoMunchkinFunction('associateLead',

{

// Lead Attributes

Email: 'person@company222.com',

FirstName: 'Jimmy'

},

'<?php echo hash('sha1', 'API_KEY' . 'person@company222.com')); ?>'

</script>

<script src="https://munchkin.marketo.net/munchkin.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

When I execute this page/script, nothing happens.  The new lead is not created in Marketo.

We need to be able to automatically create leads when specific forms are filled out on our web site.

If I can't get this basic test to work I certainly won't be able to get the forms to function as expected.

Everything was working up until very recently and we are not sure what has changed if anything.

• The API Key being used has been confirmed and is correct.  I even tried changing the Key in Marketo and trying that in the script but this still does not work.
  • The "XXX-XXX-XXX" is here for example only and this 9 character code is correct in the actual script.

I can't update or create leads using this simple test code.

What could possibly be happening?

Executing this code in the past would create/associate lead and this is no longer doing this.

Thanks

Dara

Outcomes