Form Triggers for Smart Lists

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Triggers for Smart Lists

Hello,

We are thinking of creating a survey using a form in Marketo. Once users would fill out the survey, I'd want to be able to send them related content based on what they selected in the form/survey. However, when I go to create a smart list, and drag over the trigger "Fills out Form", I don't see a constraint that lets you target someone based on what they selected in the form.

What would be the best way to go about this?
Thanks!
Melissa
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Form Triggers for Smart Lists

Hi Melissa,

I'm a relatively new Marketo user so I'm not sure of the best way to do this but I would say to use the "Fills Out Form" trigger along with the "Data Value Changed" trigger. There, you're saying if they filled out Form X AND this field value has changed (you'd choose the form field you want to target for this) to your desired value, then they qualify for the Smart List.

Like I said, I'm not sure that's the best way but it seems like it's a pretty straight shot to get your desired results.

Does that help?

Best,
Nick
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Nick and Melissa, Nick is really close here --- but there's a little bit of caveat. With triggers, as long as one of the triggers is met, then the flow steps will occur. Basically, triggers are OR statements, and this cannot be changed. 

I would think it would be best to say trigger: filled out form, filter: interest field = xyz. This way, you're selecting people who filled out the form, and have an interest field of xyz. 

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, crap. I forgot that triggers were only OR statements.

Sorry for the flagrant misdirection on my part, Melissa.

Thanks for setting me straight, Dory!