Change Default Favicon

Brian_Durkin
Level 1

Change Default Favicon

I'm looking to change the favicon on a global level. We've rebranded and have a new logo. I am not looking to "Remove default favicon" and add custom code to each individual landing page template. The ideal solution is to change the image path to the default favicon to the new image. How do I accomplish this?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Change Default Favicon

Use a redirect rule.

Corey_Bethel
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Brian,

I assume your current favicon is on your server/or in Marketo as a file named "favicon". I would locate that file and replace it with your new favicon file, making sure the names of the files are the same. If the file is hosted in Marketo, the name will stay the same automatically.

Corey Bethel
Consultant | Etumos
SanfordWhiteman

Not as simple as that. The default /favicon.ico URL is on the root of your Marketo LP domain. You won't see that in Design Studio.

Brian_Durkin
Level 1

That makes sense. When I use the inspector I can see that the file is something generic like "favicon.ico". Can the redirect rule be to the image uploaded to the Marketo Design Studio? Can I just use "/favicon.ico" as the original URL?

SanfordWhiteman

Can the redirect rule be to the image uploaded to the Marketo Design Studio? Can I just use "/favicon.ico" as the original URL?

Absolutely, can and should.