AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I handle flow of leads that enter multiple programs?

Question asked by Ronn Burner on Mar 18, 2019
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2019 by Karyn Hill

What is the best way to set up a Smart Campaign in this scenario?

Each PRODUCT is its own individual Engagement Program. I’m showing four programs (A, B, C, D) here but this will become 10-15 individual programs.

If a customer subscribes to ONE product today – they will enter the program for that PRODUCT X and receive a product specific email for three consecutive days beginning the following day: Day 1 (Email #1), Day 2 (Email #2) and Day 3 (Email #3). Each PRODUCT has its own identical program.

Here’s where it gets messy: A customer can subscribe to multiple PRODUCTS simultaneously thus entering them into multiple programs. Email #1 is Operational and serves as a confirmation upon a Subscription per product so I’m fine with them receiving multiple emails on the same day confirming their subscription per product.

However, I do not want them to receive multiple Email’s #2 and #3 on the same day.

Also, at any point a customer can subscribe to a new product so it is possible that they can subscribe to a new product every day for 10 days entering them into 10 of these programs. If they exit PRODUCT A (receive all 3 emails) THEN subscribe to PRODUCT B then it is appropriate for them to then go through that Program receiving that product specific 3 email series.

Basically, the goal is for each Customer to only go through a SINGLE program to ensure they are not hit with multiple emails per day.

What’s the best way to do this? Are there hierarchy rules/logic to determine which 3 email series (program) they should receive if they sign up to multiple subscriptions?

Please and Thank you!

Customer signs up for these 4 products simultaneously:

Day 1                                      Day 2                              Day 3

Ind. Programs                      Email #1 (Sign-Up)                Email #2                            Email #3

Product A                                Send

Product B                                Send                                      (Receive Email #2 & #3 from only 1 Program)

Product C                                 Send

Product D                                 Send

Outcomes