AnsweredAssumed Answered

Integrating Magento - Better to Integrate with Marketo or SFDC?

Question asked by Amy Lepre on Mar 14, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

Hi,

We are getting ready to integrate our Magento store to our other business systems and I'm currently researching the pros and cons of which system to integrate with: Marketo or SFDC?

With the integration, we want to capture when people add items to the cart, abandon the cart, make a purchase, etc. When a sale happens we want to create a case in SFDC (we're using Service Cloud).

We're looking at Grazitti's Marketo-Magento integration and that looks promising, especially after discussing our particular use case with them. However I want to make sure I'm covering all my bases. I have read some threads on here about limitations of syncing Marketo custom objects to SFDC (which is what we will be doing if we use the Grazitti integration). If we went with a Magento-SFDC integration, would SFDC be able to capture the abandoned cart or store browsing activity and pass that to Marketo? I think the answer is no, but just wondered if others have experience in this area.

If you have this same tech stack with Magento, Marketo and SFDC, how did you integrate them? Any experience or feedback is welcomed.

Thanks!

Outcomes