Issues with OneTrust?

Christie_Anders
Level 1

Issues with OneTrust?

We implemented OneTrust on our website. Since that time, we have been unable to collect webpage visits from certain high value pages. Has anyone else had similar issues? Troubleshooting with both OneTrust and Marketo has gotten us nowhere.

Thanks,
Christie

Christie Andersen
4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Issues with OneTrust?

That's a bit vague (since you haven't shown the custom OneTrust configuration you're using). Naturally, OneTrust allows the end user to disable the Munchkin library, which is essential for Visit Web Page and Clicked Link on Web Page activities to be logged.

I have never been satisfied with OneTrust's Marketo-awareness and would not use it.

Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Did they turn off the Marketo cookies by default?

Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Have you implemented One Trust footer/header banner to get the cookie consent?

We are also suing One Trust and it will block the tracking if you have configured the One Trust to do that. As you know, it's a GDPR requirement to get the "cookie consent" from the user before creating the cookie on user's browsers and start tracking their digital footprints. It's human tenancy though to just click on "close" sign and not clicking on the "I Accept".

What I would suggest is to educate your web visitors somehow to accept the cookie consent and let them know what will be implications on their journey if they do not accept the cookie consent (like personalized content/predictive consent to help them getting the more relevant content and making faster decision). I don't think you can do much here as law has bind us there but I would love to hear if you find anything there.

Regards,
Amit

destineylydon
Level 1

We are having the same issues with our website, but what we are seeing is that web traffic for new users to our website is being tracked in marketo (whether they accepted cookies or not) and that older users' web traffic is not being tracked (whether they accept cookies or not). Any idea what could be causing this? We implemented OneTrust back in October of 2021, but since we cannot see beyond 90 days of traffic in marketo we aren't able to 100% tie our issues with onetrust.  Any advice here?