AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marketo Forms (non landing page) Load Times / Wordpress Ninja Forms

Question asked by Zachary Batastini on Feb 8, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2019 by Sanford Whiteman

We are trying to optimize our website load time and consistently see that the longest "wait" for a page to load is due to the marketo form embed script. Testing various plugins for our wordpress based site to help with the caching, preload, cdn, etc... every time JS minification is enabled the marketo forms quit functioning properly. With all that being said can someone please help guide in the best direction:

- We have 80+ marketo forms that either delivery datasheets, whitepapers, or webinars on demand after form submit. I have explored trying to go a more global form route but with the variety of collateral gated by a marketo form this doesn't seem to be a good option.

- I really like the Ninja Forms plugin for wordpress, have successfully set up the webhook to post data to a marketo form BUT when trying to follow guides for associating a lead with a cookie/session to get the page visits and such, nothing appears to work.

- Is there a downside or reason to not take the marketo JS and host it on my webserver and change the source for the script on the marketo form embed code? This would help with the pre-fetch and response time for the marketo forms (i would think?)

Outcomes