have you discussed this with LeanData?
Have you considered adding the logic to LeanData or SFDC instead?
We are currently evaluating Lean Data solution to address our current Lead routing challenges(routing it to right owners in case it was previously assigned to inactive owners or wrong owners).
Why cant SFDC create a workflow rule when a owner changes from system to user or from one user to another user or when a new lead enters the system. This way when Lean Data assigns a lead to a rep, SFDC should automatically trigger an alert.
You could ask Lean Data to send a notification for existing lead/contact by creating a task to the correct brand/product rep along with new assignment to the owner and i am sure they can do it.
For existing leads/contacts, you could ask them to create a task to the correct brand/product rep and also notify sales managers etc if any. Lean Data can also check for the recency of the tasks present for that Lead for the same brand/product and send a notification to the right owner.
You should definitely talk to your account rep at Lean Data and add additional steps to your flow.
Either you need to send the alerts from Salesforce or you need to tell Marketo that the lead is done routing and then send the alert.
LeanData lead routing does allow you to update a field as part of the routing flow. You could create a checkbox field on the lead/contact that is called something like "Routed" and check that at the end of the LeanData routing flow. That should trigger an update back to Marketo and then you can trigger off of that (+ the original form fill.)
Routing - Lead Routing Guide – LeanData (Update Lead)
What I think I would do if you want to send the alert from Marketo:
- On form fill, determine if it merits an alert and if so add them to a static list.
- Sync to salesforce
- LeanData routes and updates Routed = True which syncs back to Marketo
- Marketo triggers on the "Routed" field AND the static list membership.
- If Routed=True AND member of static list: Send the alert, set Routed=False and remove from the static List
- To make sure nothing is lost in the syncing, I would probably also trigger a wait step to send the alert anyway if someone is still a member of the static list within 10 mins or so. (but make sure they are still a member of the list and the alert hasn't been sent)
You can also just send the notification as part of the LeanData routing flow (if you have access to editing salesforce templates)
Routing - Lead Routing Guide – LeanData (Send Notification)