AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Form Locale in the Form Settings

Question asked by a980f2fca74423b854e896979a2401c2739b5151 on Jan 23, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2019 by a980f2fca74423b854e896979a2401c2739b5151

I'm a little sheepish to ask what seems like may be a really basic question, but what exactly is the benefit of using form locale in the form settings? I haven't found any great discussions on this, and the Marketo Docs site doesn't say much: Change a Form's Locale - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation. My understanding is that it helps format dates/times appropriately for that country, but I'm still not sure what the use cases are for that. I've never asked someone on a form to input a date or time (except by selecting from a dropdown list), but I guess orgs might want that. And if there are no date/time fields on the form, is the locale then irrelevant?

Is there anything else I'm missing? For example, we have a global German form, so I would guess Germany should be selected as the form locale, right? However, in the 11-country dropdown list (of which Singapore and Pakistan are included) Germany is not an option to select. What determines that list selection? Thanks for your help in understanding this a little better.

Outcomes