SOLVED

how do I insert a form in my custom html landing page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I insert a form in my custom html landing page

Hello,
New to Marketo. I have a custom html landing page that I created from scratch then cut and pasted the whole html inside a Marketo template. I tried dragging the form icon under "insert elements" but I think that only works if you built your landing page inside Marketo. How do I connect my form that I already have to marketo OR how do I insert a form that I create inside marketo to my custom landing page.

Thanks in advance
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how do I insert a form in my custom html landing page

When you create a form in Marketo, you can then generate embed code by right-clicking on the approved form in the nav.  I would grab this embed code and hard code the Marketo form directly into your landing page if you have custom hard coded your whole page design.

That may not be the best way to go about it, but seems to be the most direct way to get it done, IMHO.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you create a form in Marketo, you can then generate embed code by right-clicking on the approved form in the nav.  I would grab this embed code and hard code the Marketo form directly into your landing page if you have custom hard coded your whole page design.

That may not be the best way to go about it, but seems to be the most direct way to get it done, IMHO.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your other option is to make a Landing Page based on that custom HTML template and then to drag in the form from there. I think you'll have to have that template anyway if you want Marketo to serve up the page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently moved from many years working with Eloqua to a new Marketo implementation and really struggled with the new Marketo Design Studio 2.0.  I initially had our designer build a couple of complete templates with placeholder (latin) text with all the CSS, a form, etc that I figured I could then simply apply and then edit with specific content.  Turns out you can't edit anything that's on a template, you can only place new elements on it.  So after much trial and error I finally ended up with a set of simple templates that are essentially frameworks with headers, colors, footer and CSS that I lay content elements on to, including a form.  Then working from those new templates I then built a few reusable LPs that I clone which then enables us to edit content since that content was placed using the designer.  I also am able to change the form based on campaign needs.  So if you want to be able to edit your own LPs this is the approach I found that works.