Salesforce Sync: Custom Opportunity Fields

Sean_Mcgrath
Level 1

Salesforce Sync: Custom Opportunity Fields

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to get some custom Salesforce fields to appear in Marketo, these are created on the opportunity (not on lead or contact).

I was told support can help get these added to the sync but two attempts on chat support has lead nowhere.  Can someone clarify the process for getting extra fields sync'd, apologies if I missing something obvious!

Thanks,

Sean

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Ashley_Langfor2
Level 2 - Champion

Re: Salesforce Sync: Custom Opportunity Fields

Hi Sean,

Check your your SFDC admin and make sure that the Marketo profile is able to view the field. They will not be visible in Marketo until that has been enabled.

Sean_Mcgrath
Level 1

I am the Salesforce admin and I can confirm the marketo sync user profile has permissions/visibility on the fields.

Is it default functionality for Marketo to auto sync new Opportunity fields?  I know it is for Lead/Contact fields but what about Opportunity specific fields?

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Sean - yes, if Marketo has the right sync user permissions when you add custom fields to the Opportunity you should see them in Field Management and as constraints in your smart list filters. You won't need Support for that. Support mostly get involved when you want to re-map fields that have already synced.

Hilda_Green
Level 1

Hi! I am having this exact problem with a custom opportunity field. Did you ever come to a resolution?

Hilda Green
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I'm seeing all Opp Custom Fields when I click "Show Custom Fields" on the Opportunity Info tab of a person. Your Salesforce admin has to give the Marketo user access to that field though.

Hilda_Green
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Turns out the field was not syncing because it is a campaign lookup field on the opportunity object.

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/knowledgebase/salesforce-standard-fields-ignored-by-the-sync/ta-p/2522...

Hilda Green