Email Marketing Manager – Expansion and Retention
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the world’s largest distributed networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month, which is nearly 10 percent of all Internet requests worldwide. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits to small businesses and budding entrepreneurs. We are working to create a faster, more secure, and more reliable experience for anyone online and given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role:
Cloudflare is looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join our Expansion & Retention team. Today, we have over nine million Internet properties using Cloudflare. Every day, 20,000 new sites sign up. It’s our team’s responsibility to ensure these new and existing customers remain with Cloudflare and expand their use of our platform over time.
The Email Marketing Manager will own the creation, execution, measurement, and optimization of email campaigns that will help our team reach its goals. You will work closely with Marketing Technology (Operations and Email Automation), Design, Product Marketing, Acquisition, Sales (Customer Success), and Product.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, innovative, able to work in fast-moving environments, and a team player. You are likely a good fit for our team if you are hungry to learn, test, and optimize. Our team is growing quickly with ambitious goals, focused on leveraging every customer communication to drive the business. This is a great opportunity to play a role in shaping this business unit going forward.
- Strategy: Work with Growth Managers and cross-functional teammates to conceptualize email marketing campaigns that will touch customers at all points in their lifecycle. Leverage A|B testing to optimize our tactics and push the team to continuously improve future campaigns.
- Process: Own the Expansion & Retention team’s email calendar and ensure our execution and coordination are both efficient and effective. Collaborate with teammates to create and prioritize our roadmap.
- Execution: Manage end-to-end execution of email campaigns, including audience segmentation, build, staging / QA, and workflows within/between systems. Drive email quality, delivery, and performance.
- Measurement: Analyze campaign performance and report on KPIs. Work with the team analyst to build dashboards, and use data to inform decision making.
- BA/BS degree and 3+ years of professional experience in email marketing
- Advanced experience with email automation systems (Marketo or equivalent). Working knowledge of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap, or equivalent)
- Intermediate HTML and CSS
- Analytical skills required for A|B testing and campaign measurement, including proficiency in excel (SQL a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert project management, time management, and attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of email best practices, measurement, and optimization
- Experience with Salesforce.com and lead scoring / routing
- Experience with Technology B2B marketing
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS company in the security or network space, combined with knowledge of how the Internet works
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!