SOLVED

Web Personalisation : where to find RTP tag for deployment?

Go to solution
Swati_Toshniwal
Level 2

Web Personalisation : where to find RTP tag for deployment?

I am trying to set up Webpersonalisation. However i do not see the RTP settings or account settings as outlined in below link. Where do i find the RTP code? Please help

I have bought Web Personalisation module and do see that

Deploy the RTP JavaScript - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Re: Web Personalisation : where to find RTP tag for deployment?

Hi Swati Toshniwal​,

The steps given in the URL is exactly how you find the web personalization tag. For your reference please find below screen shots from our instance. Please follow the below steps.

• Click on the web personalization tile as highlighted below.

pastedImage_1.png

• Then click on your account name (as highlighted on the top right) and in the drop down, click on account settings (highlighted below).

pastedImage_3.png

• In the next screen, please click on "Domain" - as highlighted on the left in the below screen shot, Make sure that the tag Toggle is set to "ON" And then click on Generate tag - Highlighted on the right side of the below screen shot.

pastedImage_9.png

• There it is - You will have your Web Personalization Tag!

pastedImage_7.png

Copy the RTP JavaScript tag and paste it as the first script in the header of your pages – between the <head> </head> tags.Make sure the tag appears on all pages including landing pages and sub-domains. Check this by right-clicking on your website’s page. Go to View Page Source in a web browser. Search: ‘RTP’.Also as mentioned in the above step, make sure and Confirm that the Tag toggle is set to ON. You should start seeing data flow into the Organization's tab.

For more detailed implementation instructions for RTP\Web Personalization Javascript (as given in the below screen shot), Please visit this URL - RTP Tag Implementation - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

pastedImage_10.png

Hope this helps. After following these steps, in case you are facing any specific issues, kindly share details and screenshots of the area where you are facing problem. We can proceed accordingly.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Swati Toshniwal​,

The steps given in the URL is exactly how you find the web personalization tag. For your reference please find below screen shots from our instance. Please follow the below steps.

• Click on the web personalization tile as highlighted below.

pastedImage_1.png

• Then click on your account name (as highlighted on the top right) and in the drop down, click on account settings (highlighted below).

pastedImage_3.png

• In the next screen, please click on "Domain" - as highlighted on the left in the below screen shot, Make sure that the tag Toggle is set to "ON" And then click on Generate tag - Highlighted on the right side of the below screen shot.

pastedImage_9.png

• There it is - You will have your Web Personalization Tag!

pastedImage_7.png

Copy the RTP JavaScript tag and paste it as the first script in the header of your pages – between the <head> </head> tags.Make sure the tag appears on all pages including landing pages and sub-domains. Check this by right-clicking on your website’s page. Go to View Page Source in a web browser. Search: ‘RTP’.Also as mentioned in the above step, make sure and Confirm that the Tag toggle is set to ON. You should start seeing data flow into the Organization's tab.

For more detailed implementation instructions for RTP\Web Personalization Javascript (as given in the below screen shot), Please visit this URL - RTP Tag Implementation - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

pastedImage_10.png

Hope this helps. After following these steps, in case you are facing any specific issues, kindly share details and screenshots of the area where you are facing problem. We can proceed accordingly.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Swati_Toshniwal
Level 2

Thanks Karan for your reply. That is however not how my instance looks like - possibly there is a version issue. We have just bought Marketo. I don't have the user, account or content settings and I do have the admin rights

pastedImage_0.png

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Swati Toshniwal ,

From the above screenshot you have provided, It does not look like a version issue. The  "Account" you have highlighted in the screenshot in your message is in the main screen. You first need to click on the WEB PERSONALIZATION tile, which is available in the screenshot you provided. Once it is clicked, a new window/tab should open up. That is where you need to  follow steps mentioned in my previous message.

Also please make sure that pop ups are enabled on your browser, as WEB PERSONALIZATION opens up in a different window. 

Once done, then please refer to the earlier steps in my above message. It should work. Please let me know if you still face the issue.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Swati_Toshniwal
Level 2

Thanks Karan Hari - this was helpful

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Swati Toshniwal ,

Glad I could help. Please let me know in case of any further queries.

Also in case the above response answered your query regarding "Web Personalisation : where to find RTP tag for deployment? ", Would request you to kindly mark the response as correct - as it would help in future searches.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari