SOLVED

If I use one form on one device at a tradeshow for booth visitors to fill out, will they all be under the same tracking id?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

If I use one form on one device at a tradeshow for booth visitors to fill out, will they all be under the same tracking id?

I want to make sure all the leads that complete the form on my landing page while at the booth will not be connected via the same cookie/munchkin code. Is this something I need to worry about?

Scenario:

I use a Marketo Landing Page with a form on an ipad and ask visitors to fill out the form. Are their leads all going to be connected somehow? If so, I don't want them to be.

Thanks everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: If I use one form on one device at a tradeshow for booth visitors to fill out, will they all be under the same tracking id?

I use a Marketo Landing Page with a form on an ipad and ask visitors to fill out the form. Are their leads all going to be connected somehow? If so, I don't want them to be.

Actually, if you disable Munchkin completely on this page (at the template level) and make sure to clear all existing cookies from the browser and don't let people browse to a Munchkin-enabled page (for example, your corporate site) at the tradeshow, you will not have a problem.

The problems only arise when a device is used to access a Munchkin-enabled page that shares the same domain as the would-be kiosk form.  If there's no Munchkin at all in the picture, then you do not need to do anything else.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: If I use one form on one device at a tradeshow for booth visitors to fill out, will they all be under the same tracking id?

Hey Danielle,

Yep, you're right to think this would be an issue. Check out this thread for how to do it: Kiosk mode for forms - Can you turn off munchkin code tracking for forms?

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Thank you so much Grace!

SanfordWhiteman

Actually, if you disable Munchkin completely on this page (at the template level) and make sure to clear all existing cookies from the browser and don't let people browse to a Munchkin-enabled page (for example, your corporate site) at the tradeshow, you will not have a problem.

The problems only arise when a device is used to access a Munchkin-enabled page that shares the same domain as the would-be kiosk form.  If there's no Munchkin at all in the picture, then you do not need to do anything else.

SanfordWhiteman

Danielle Chan​ please return to this thread and consider Grace's and my responses.