Webhook Authorization Syntax in Marketo

Jose_Rafael_Par
Level 3

Webhook Authorization Syntax in Marketo

Hi, I'm trying to set up a webhook with iovation to do fraud-checking on leads signing up for our trial. I've used iovation's documentation to get this working just fine in SoapUI, but when I try to run this from marketo, I consistently get an authentication error, despite using the same Authorization header as I have in SoapUI.

Is there anything I need to be aware of that Marketo does to modify the values in a header that might be causing the problem? I can't see the actual post being made, so I can't tell if it's being corrupted somewhere. I assume I need to encode to base64 before posting, right? Has anyone run into this before? Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Webhook Authorization Syntax in Marketo

• What Authorization header syntax are you using?
  • Please show a screenshot of your Custom HTTP Headers section. You can use sample data (please don't redact, it just makes it impossible to read).
  • Make sure you don't have any leading or trailing spaces in your header setup. This is is easy to do by accident.
Jose_Rafael_Par
Level 3

Re: Webhook Authorization Syntax in Marketo

Sorry, I just figured it out. The OSX terminal doesn't do the base64 encode the same way as what the request was expecting. Sorry!